Fierce fighting continues on the streets of Aleppo, Syria’s largest city, with independent confirmation that the government is using jet fighters and attack helicopters against the rebels. The U.N. expressed its concern for civilians caught in the crossfire.
Also this week in Israel in the News:
• Romney’s visit reignites Israel-Palestinian debate.
• Israeli president calls Iran a menace.
• U.S. issues toughest sanctions to date against Iran.
• Egypt shuts down natural gas supply to Israel despite long-term agreement.
• Israel advances as center for high-tech innovation.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s Rev. Jerry Clark addressing the question: What is Israel’s capital?