Tension flared between Israel and Gaza’s Hamas terrorist group this week as more than 80 rockets were fired into southern Israel. Israel retaliated with four air strikes, killing three members of Hamas’ rocket-launching crew.
Also this week in Israel in the News:
• Former U.S. President Carter says prospects for an Israel-Palestinian peace are “vanishing.”
• U.S.-made weapons have been found among rebel forces fighting in Syria.
• Hopes for a ceasefire in Syria are all but extinguished.
• Who do Israelis want as next U.S. president?
• Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu says talks between U.S. and Iran are likely a smokescreen.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s David Kuner on how some church leaders are quick to condemn Israel, while ignoring gross human rights abuses in other countries.