Iranian officials continue to warn Israel that any strike against them would be suicidal. Iran’s top general said that war with Israel will happen and that Iran is focusing its energies on boosting its military capabilities.
Also this week in Israel in the News:
• Iranian President Ahmadinejad continued his defiant rhetoric against Israel and the U.S. at the U.N.
• Former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani denounced Ahmadinejad at a rally outside the U.N.
• U.N. Secretary General warned that time is running out on finding a resolution to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
• Meanwhile, President Obama called for peace between the Israelis and Palestinians.
• Syria’s capital was hit by deadly blasts, the biggest attack in Damascus in months.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s Jerry Clark on the sobering reality of Israeli families purchasing gas masks along with school supplies.