- About Israel
- News & Blog
- World Opinion
- Take Action Now
Today we learned of a second Hamas terror tunnel collapse in the past week. While this particular tunnel will be of no use for the terrorist organization’s plans to attack Israel, it shows that they are continually working on their network of tunnels. In response to reports of Hamas digging new paths into Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned the terror group not to try his nation:
Comments (24) »
“We are working methodically and calmly against all threats, including threats from Hamas, both with defensive and offensive measures. And of course, in the event we are attacked from tunnels in the Gaza Strip, we will act very forcefully against Hamas, and with much more force than Operation Protective Edge,” Netanyahu told a conference of Israeli diplomats, referring to the 50-day war in the Gaza Strip in 2014.
Israel Defense Forces officials and southern residents have expressed concern in recent days that Hamas is rebuilding a series of subterranean passages, used for attacking Israel, which were destroyed during the 2014 war between Israel and Gazan fighters…
Netanyahu, who is also Israel’s foreign minister, told the diplomats that Jerusalem would have international backing for such a move, and warned Hamas not to “try us.”
“I think they understand this in the region, understand this in the world,” he continued. “I hope we won’t need to, but our capabilities — both defensive and offensive — are developing rapidly.”
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 at 7:32 AM | Stand For Israel
Today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day. January 27 marks the anniversary, now 71 years ago, of the liberation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp. Many world leaders are honoring the victims of the Holocaust today. And Breaking Israel News’ Abra Forman reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not only mourned those lost during this dark chapter of history, but also pointed out that while the Jewish people are still being targeted with hatred and violence, they are no longer powerless:
“It is commemorations like this that remind us all where the oldest and most enduring hatred can lead,” he said. He warned, however, that in Europe and elsewhere, “Jews are once again being targeted just for being Jews,” drawing attention to hatred against individual Jews, the collective Jew and the Jewish state.
“Israel is targeted with the same slurs and the same libels that were leveled against the Jewish people since time immemorial,” he said in his statement. “The obsession with the Jews – the fixation on the Jewish state – defies any other rational explanation.”
Netanyahu pointed out that despite horrifying human rights violations perpetrated by ISIS, North Korea, Iran and Syria, the UN Human Rights Council condemns Israel more often than all of them put together. “Some things just don’t change,” he said.But, he added, one very important thing has changed – the Jews themselves. “We are no longer a stateless people endlessly searching for a safe haven. We are no longer a powerless people begging others to offer us protection,” he said. “Today we are an independent and sovereign people in our own homeland….Today we can protect ourselves and defend our freedom.”
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 at 7:28 AM | Stand For Israel
Speaking to the United Nations Security Council earlier today, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon attributed the current wave of Palestinian terror facing Israel and her people to “human nature.” In response, reports The Jerusalem Post’s Danielle Ziri, PM Netanyahu said that such remarks only spur terror:
Comments (10) »
Earlier in the day, Ban condemned the current wave of Palestinian terror against Israel, but added that “it is human nature to react to occupation, which often serves as a potent incubator of hate and extremism.”
“The secretary-general’s remarks provide a tailwind for terror. There is no justification for terror. Those Palestinians who murder do not want to build a state, they want to destroy a state and they say this openly,” Netanyahu said.
“They want to murder Jews for being Jews and they say this openly. They do not murder for peace and they do not murder for human rights,” he added.
Netanyahu then attacked the United Nations in general.
“The United Nations long ago lost its neutrality and its moral force, and the secretary general’s remarks do not improve its standing,” Netanyahu said.
Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 at 2:30 PM | Stand For Israel
This week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been attending the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Israel Hayom’s Hezi Sternlicht reports that while there, the PM met with Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry, and then spoke of the threats facing both the Jewish state and the rest of the world:
“There is no connection to the lifting of sanctions or the lifting of restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program to Iran’s behavior. It [Iran] can continue to send its terrorists and its covert armies and overt armies throughout the Middle East, and would have the freedom to enrich as much uranium as it wants. … I hope that I’ll be proven wrong. I hope that Iran will be seen to be a moderate country … changing its internal repression, stopping its external aggression.”
Netanyahu went on to compare Iran to a terrorist organization, saying, “I think Saudi Arabia recognizes … as do many in the Arab world that, they see Israel as an ally rather than an enemy, because of the two principal threats that threaten them. The first is Iran, and the second is [Islamic State].”
Netanyahu also called on Abbas to return to the negotiations table: “I’ve said it every place that I’ve been, and he’s refused to come. And that remains the problem. He wants to go around the negotiating process and have an international diktat at the U.N. or wherever. And that is not the way we’re going to resolve the issue. You have to sit down and negotiate. We’re willing to do it. They’re not. I hope they change their minds.”
The prime minister added that his only goal was to “ensure the future of the Jewish state. I would like to be remembered as the protector of Israel.”
Comments (1) »
Friday, January 22nd, 2016 at 8:10 AM | Stand for Israel
Last Friday, Stand for Israel reported that Israeli forces tracked down the terrorist who killed three and wounded more in a shooting in Tel Aviv the week before. This weekend, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu commended his country’s security forces and sent out a warning for terrorists who would do harm to the Israeli people:
“In the name of all the citizens of Israel, I want to thank the police, the Shin Bet security agency and the Counter Terror Unit — they completed the task professionally, systematically, working day and night and remaining focused on the mission — and now the mission has been accomplished,” Netanyahu said.
“We will get anyone who tries to murder Israelis, be it inside Israel or outside our borders. No one is immune. We will find the murderers and we will find anyone who helps them.”
Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan also commended the security forces: “Since the attack, our forces have been working day and night, leaving no stone unturned in search of the terrorist, and I am glad to see that great effort bear fruit.”
“We will continue to fight terrorism with full force and if anyone hurts us, we will hurt them,” he went on to say.
Opposition Leader MK Isaac Herzog also issued a response, saying that “the terrorist Nashat Milhem is a despicable murderer who took the lives of three Israelis — two Jews and one Muslim — in cold blood, and left the Ruimi, Shaaban and Bakal families mourning and in terrible pain. All who sanctify death and the murder of Israelis should be subjected to Israel’s full force and be made to feel the same pain they would feel if they were the terrorist Milhem themselves.”
Monday, January 11th, 2016 at 7:34 AM | Stand For Israel
Yesterday, we reported on a Hamas cell caught planning to kidnap and murder Israelis. But today brings news of more terrorists caught planning an even larger attack. The Times of Israel’s Adiv Sterman and Judah Ari Gross report that the Shin Bet arrested a second group of Hamas terrorists who were planning to assassinate Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu:
Comments (26) »
The Jerusalem District Attorney’s Office filed an indictment with the city’s district court on Friday against two Arab Israeli residents of East Jerusalem who plotted to kill Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during an event at the capital.
According to the indictment, Hazem Ziad Amran Sandouqa, a 22-year-old resident of Jerusalem’s Old City, and Fahdi Daoud Muhammad Abu Qaian, a 19-year-old Bedouin Israeli from the Negev, planned, along with Hamas activist Ahmad Jamal Mousa Azzam, 24, to plant explosives in the Jerusalem Payis Arena at a time when Netanyahu would be scheduled to speak at the site, Ynet reported.
The indictment said the three planned to place the device beneath the stage on which Netanyahu was due to be present…
Friday, January 8th, 2016 at 7:33 AM | Stand for Israel
Today, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed his condolences at the passing of Israel’s latest terror victim. Genadi Kaufman, a 41-year-old man stabbed three weeks ago at the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron, succumbed to his injuries. Netanyahu remembered this man who tended the holy site, and said that Israel will not leave:
Comments (16) »
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu opened a cabinet meeting Wednesday by vowing that Jews would “remain forever” in Hebron’s Tomb of the Patriarchs…
“Genadi was the gardener of the Tomb of the Patriarchs. He was stabbed in a murderous attack a few weeks ago. Sadly, he did not recover,” Netanyahu said, adding: “This morning, too, I say to anyone who wants to uproot us from the Tomb of the Patriarchs: Except for a few years in the last century, we’ve been there almost 4,000 years. We will remain there forever. You cannot defeat us.”
Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 at 7:29 AM | Stand for Israel
The Prime Minister wants to wish all Christians a joyous Christmas and a happy New Year!
Comments (73) »
Thursday, December 24th, 2015 at 9:22 AM | Stand for Israel
This morning, we reported on the horrific car-ramming attack at Jerusalem’s Chords Bridge, which has now left 14 injured, including a baby whose foot doctors are trying to save. In response to this latest in the wave of terror facing Israel, Prime Minister Netanyahu said that his nation will not be defeated by this new type of terrorism that threatens it on a daily basis:
Comments (56) »
Speaking at a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset faction, Netanyahu also praised security and medical forces at the scene for their swift response which he said had saved lives.
“We’re acting to fight this terror and I have no doubt that we will prevail over it,” he said.
A short time earlier, a Palestinian from East Jerusalem plowed his car into Israeli civilians standing at a bus stop at the entrance to Jerusalem, injuring 14 people, three of them moderately. Those in moderate condition include an 18-month-old baby and a woman in her 70s. The baby’s condition was later changed to serious as doctor’s fought to save his foot.
Monday, December 14th, 2015 at 12:20 PM | Stand for Israel