- About Israel
- News & Blog
- World Opinion
- Take Action Now
June 13, 2013
Israel Works to Complete Fence along Syrian Border
As part of its plan to protect itself from the growing threat of terrorism and war, Israel is rushing to complete a fence in the Golan Heights area that borders neighboring Syria. The Jewish state already has built fences along its borders with Lebanon and Egypt.
Also this week in Israel in the News:
• U.N. expert Richard Falk calls for expulsion of a group that accused him of bias against Israel.
• Austria has decided to pull out its peace-keeping force from the Golan Heights after heavy fighting there.
• Al-Qaeda’s leader is calling on Sunni Muslims to join the fight in Syria as a holy war to overthrow President Assad and establish Islamic rule.
• President Obama’s nominee for ambassador to the U.N. is facing tough questions about her support for Israel.
• Israeli intelligence claims that Iran is working nonstop to expand its nuclear program.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s Camerin Courtney on women’s rights in Israel — and the Middle East.
Today marks the 46th anniversary of the start of the Six-Day War, when Israeli forces fought off attacking Arab armies and regained control of the Old City of Jerusalem. To honor this milestone, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has release six previously unreleased photos of behind-the-scenes moments from this significant military maneuver, including this image …
Read More » Comments (7) »